Sunday, December 4, 2011

Doing the granny shuffle...

A couple of days before I went into surgery, I went to the store to find me a house coat. I knew I would have a few cords coming out of my body for a couple of weeks after surgery, so I needed something that I could either zip or button up in front. I came home, put it on, and showed Neil and then burst out laughing. It is exactly what my grandmother used to wear every day whenever I saw her. I have my very own "granny coat."

Neil found another one for me the next day that is a little more hip because it has a hoodie and little matching socks with a fur cuff. That's right. I'm one stylyin' little granny. But that's not all. I now have an incision about four times the width of my C-section scars. It is from hip to hip. Because I am not supposed to put any stress at all on that incision, my surgeon has told me that I need to walk hunched over for a few weeks.  Well, that causes some lower back pain issues, so we were able to borrow a walker from a friend of a friend (thank you, thank you!), and now the granny shuffle is complete. Granny house coat, furry socks, a hunched posture and a walker. Add the little shuffle and I am one sexy little granny librarian girl. I'm supposed to get out and do some laps around the cul-de-sac, so who knows, maybe some of you will be lucky enough to see me in action this week. If not, my mother has requested pictures. What the heck. I'll post them here once I get some taken.

More details about the surgery and hospital experience in a couple of days. For now, I am recovering somewhat comfortably at home. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers, support, food, babysitting, and healthy, happy vibes that have been sent my way. I'll keep you posted

2 comments:

Lusche said...

Miss and love you. Praying for a good recovery.

Liz said...

Glad to hear you made it through! Now all you need is some tennis balls to put on the walker so it doesn't slip!