Monday, December 19, 2011

Almost done!

The last two drains came out last Friday. I saved a couple of my last Percocets just for the occasion. It hurt like a bugger. I hate to imagine how it would have felt if I hadn't been just a little high.

I am more and more mobile every day. I still have a lot of healing to do, but most of it is superficial. Skin that didn't make it. So, the next, and final step (knock on wood), will be to have a skin graft or two, probably in the next few weeks, to fix that. I'm still pretty swollen too. This is probably a good thing. I was a little freaked out the first time I saw the new girls. They were just...  Let's see. How should I word this... Let's just say they were a lot less subtle than I was expecting. After almost three weeks the swelling has gone down significantly and should go down a little more so by the time it's done, they should be a little closer to what I was used to before the surgery.

Thanks to everyone, particularly my friends and neighbors from Church, for all the love, support, and food! My family has never eaten better.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That reminds me of a Simpsons episode. Watch out if the girls close kitchen cupboards on their own. If you haven't seen the episode this won't make any sense. I seldom make sense.