Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tomorrow's the day!

So I got the final word from my surgeon. She took my case to the "Tumor Board." All the doctors get together once a week to discuss particular patients and decide on a plan of action. Apparently they were all okay with the lumpectomy now, bilateral mastectomy later idea so we're on for tomorrow.

We'll be doing a lumpectomy, sentinel node dissection, and removing this little suspicious lump thingy out of my arm while they're in there. There's all sorts of details I need to put down here, but I'm tired and have to get up early for my appointment so I think I'll just post all that later this weekend.

Someone asked me today if I was scared. It hadn't occurred to me to be scared. The only thing that I keep thinking about since my nurse told me that I would be under general anethstesia was that I was really looking forward to a good nap. It's been a while since I've had one of those. This is how clueless I am. Oh well. I guess ignorance isn't always a bad thing.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hope everything goes great tomorrow!

Sarah said...

Hope all goes well today!

Kamp Kyburz said...

I'm sure you're handling everything like a champ! I do enjoy reading your posts. You are such an example of humor and dignity and other good things rolled into one.