Sunday, December 5, 2010

The changing headstyles of Marie

So I've been accumulating scarves. Due to a few skin issues, I haven't been able to use the wig, but I think I'm okay with that. I'm starting to have fun with the scarves. Thought I'd share a few of my favorites.

 
 This was one of my first. It is the turban look. Really easy to wrap. I had one friend at work tell me when I was wearing it that it was seasonally appropriate since it made me look like a shepherd. That made me laugh. Not exactly the look I was going for, but why not?


 This is the red "Doo-Rag" from my sister-in-law. Thanks Carol! It was fun to wear to work. I got a few odd looks. With the scarves, most people know that you're probably a chemo patient and don't look too hard, but with this, several people looked pretty hard. I think they were trying to decide if I really had no hair or if I was trying to make some sort of statement of rebellion against the dress code. It was both I guess. I don't think anyone else but a Cancer patient could dress like a biker at work and get away with it. Well, in all honesty, I wasn't exactly full-blown biker. I still had to wear the hated pantyhose.

 This one is a new one that Neil just got me. A simple knot in the back. Super easy.


 And this one is a poinsettia scarf a friend from work loaned me for the holidays. Lily and I had some girl time today and we were practicing with scarves. I figured, why not, she really doesn't have that much more hair than I do. I love this look. However, I can't seem to make it work on my own head. Looks good on her though. She loved it. She wore it around the house for a couple of hours. Brought it to me to put back on each time it fell off.
 Waiting for dad to come home from Church to show him her new look.

That's my baby.

I'll post more as I come up with them. It's definitely easier than doing my hair every morning. (Not that I ever actually spent a whole lot of time on my hair.) Maybe I'll just keep the head shaved indefinitely and become the scarf queen. We'll see.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I can't believe that you still have to wear pantyhose! Don't you get a hardship waiver or something for that?

Unknown said...

I think you both look great in your new "dos"